Just like certain areas of your home need a deep cleaning on a monthly or yearly basis, certain areas of your workspace or office need special treatment too. In fact, looking at these areas is a good way to assess your professional cleaning services, or to decide whether you need a professional to step in and do these tasks. Plus, these dirty spots may be making a bad impression on your customers, spreading germs, or just making your office a less pleasant place for you and your employees. Once you find them, you can resolve them.
So, where should you look for areas in need of deep cleaning? Of course, every facility is different. However, as a cleaning company that provides deep cleaning for many different types of workplaces, we’ve found some common culprits that collect dirt and grime and tend to be overlooked by other companies. Here’s our advice on where to start your cleaning, or where to direct your cleaning team.
The kitchen is, of course, a huge area for food-related mess and spills. Worse, few employees will do any deep cleaning tasks here, as they might at their desks, because the kitchen is not anyone’s specific responsibility. If you don’t have a cleaning service, it may be hard enough for you to keep up with weekly tasks, never mind the areas that need a monthly deep clean. These spots include:
- Fridge: The mess in the fridge isn’t just about left-behind food. The fridge shelving needs to be cleaned and the smell needs to be resolved. We suggest you warn employees that the fridge will be emptied about once a week and have your cleaning company do the deep clean right after. The only exception should be employee medicine that needs to be kept cool. We can clean around that, of course.
- Grout: Kitchen grout is notoriously under-cleaned and tends to degrade much faster when neglected. You need to dedicate some time on a monthly basis to ensure grout stays clean and in good condition.
- Cupboards: The back of cupboards tends to collect crumbs, dirt, and dust even when plates are the only thing that is stored in them. Giving them a quick, weekly, dust is a wise idea.
- Garbage bins: Most cleaning services will empty your kitchen garbage daily or weekly. At JAN-PRO, we inspect the inside and outside of bins themselves as they tend to be neglected. They get covered in food spills and we clean them regularly.
Walls & Flooring
Floors, especially carpets, get a lot of cleaning attention, but where they connect with the wall they are often neglected. Walls and the things that hang on them are almost never cleaned, which can make your workplace or office much dustier and dingier than it should be. Here’s where to direct your attention:
- Baseboards: Dust always gathers on baseboards. Plus, they are typically white, so even small amounts of dust really stand out. We suggest weekly cleaning.
- Walls: Walls collect dirt slower than floors, but because almost no one cleans them, they can become discolored and stained. Monthly wall cleaning is the best way to avoid repainting or repairing stained drywall. We pay special attention to spots on walls that tend to get dirtier faster, which includes behind desks, behind appliances, near heat sources and in bathrooms.
- Curtains: Some curtains have collected so much dust and dirt that they aren’t even the same color they were when you bought them. A monthly curtain cleaning will help your workspace feel fresh and bright.
Almost all cleaning services will tackle the bathroom for you—but are they doing it well? Most company bathrooms need daily, not weekly, deep cleaning. Professional cleaning services should focus on these often-neglected areas:
- Inside of garbage bins, personal hygiene bins
- The base of toilets and under the toilet bowl rim
- Walls behind toilets and sinks
- The doors and walls of stalls
Choose Latin Group Commercial Cleaning For Your Deep Cleaning
There are many other spots in your workplace that will need regular deep cleaning. We haven’t even touched on office chairs, behind cords and cables, or in warehouse and stockroom shelving. Call in the professionals at JAN-PRO to find these neglected areas and clean them for you. A cleaner workplace changes customer and employee perceptions and can help you become a more successful business.